In recent years we have seen a vast improvement in the technology used for lens manufacture. A new genre of spectacle lenses has now been developed, these are Individually designed lenses.
Individual Design Lenses – The Options
Individual design lenses are available in three quality grades and as single vision or varifocal lenses. Options include:
- A choice of thinner, lighter Individual Design lenses in high refractive plastic materials
- Individual Design lenses made in tougher, impact resistant plastics. These are ideal for rimless glasses, safety glasses and as sportswear
- Photochromic Individual Design lenses which darken in the sunlight. These are also thinner and lighter than standard glasses
- Polarised Individual Design lenses which are arguably the best prescription sunglass lenses for reducing glare. Excellent for low-sun driving, cruises and angling as well as for normal holiday wear
Individual Design Lenses – Features
- High imaging
- Thinner and more lightweight
- Clearer all round vision
- Improved comfort
For details of the use of Individual Design lenses in Drivewear format, please see the Drivewear Lenses page.